The winners announced on our blog
. Congratulations guys!
Welcome to the i.materialise challenge for all SketchUp users.The challenge:
You can submit any kind of house or building design, as long as you use Google SketchUp to create your 3D model. There are no limitations on your design ideas.
Please take the following requirement into account for your submission:
- Use the Google SketchUp software to design your model
- Use our SketchUp plugin to make a scale model of your design. when you are ready, save your model locally, do not us the plugin to upload your design. Mac users please use this manual.
- Register on i.materialise (the registration is free).
- Comply with our terms and conditions
- Submit your model before May 24
While submitting an entry to the challenge you will be required to provide a screenshot/render with preferable dimensions of 845
pixels, an *.skp file and a short story about your model. Your *.skp file will not be available for public download.
The jury will evaluate the models, pictures and stories and select the 3 winners when the challenge is closed. The winners will win a full color 3D printed scale model of their design
. On top of that, the first 10 participants and every 10th participant will get a 3D printed surprise from us.
Our jury consists of:
- Mike Lucey – Director SketchUcation – the biggest SketchUp user community
- Aidan Chopra – Product Evangelist Google SketchUp
- Fried Vancraen – Founder Materialise – one of the world leading companies in 3D printing technologies
The jury will particularly look at the originality of your design, the quality of the SketchUp model and the 3D printability of your scale model (you’ll find 3D printing tips in our SketchUp manual)
We encourage multiple entries.
Good luck to everyone!
The i.materialise team