Wall thickness analysis failure

Hi, I have a model that doesn’t pass the wall thickness analysis. However I am sure that the model has a 2 mm shell. To whom can I send my file for a second inspection? Thx, Koen

Hello Koen, when you upload your 3D model and it contains errors (related to fixing), our software will try to fix them automatically. In case the errors can’t be fixed automatically, you will see an offline price request (free of charge).

Our customer service team will then take a look at your model and your request. They will do a quick check to see if your model is suitable for 3D printing within your specified request. If not, they will advise you which design changes are necessary. This way, we want to make sure you get the best possible printed result.

In the case of serious design issues, we will ask you to redesign/modify the 3D model and upload again. To make sure you’ll get a perfect result, we recommend you to read how to make a 3D printable file.

Hi Lizy, I’m still having issues with the wall thickness tool. The analysis from a model I uploaded yesterday is still running. Maybe somebody could close or stop that process?

Dear Koen,

I am sorry to hear that you are stil experiencing the problems during the wall thickness analysis.

In order to stop the process, please refresh the page, you can also use CTRL+ F5 (to clear the cache of your browser).
If you want to try again to check the wall thickness with our tool, it is advisable to make sure that the file is not too heavy and to launch the tool in another browser.

If you prefer to avoid it, just forward the file to us and we will check its wall thickness. If the file is too heavy, please use WeTransfer service to share it with us.

Best regards,
Olha

Thanks Olga. Is there a dedicated e-mail adress to send such files? :-), Koen

Dear Koen,

our customers can reply a confirmation email and add the file to attached items, or contact us via the online form https://i.materialise.com/en/contact and attach the file.

Best regards,
Olha