Smoothest finish/least visible layers

I just received my first 3d print from here in the standard resin, it’s pretty smooth, but some layers are still visible and are transferred on to my silicone mold made out of my 3d print.
Is there any other option with a smoother finish? (outside of the metals)

Hello,

first of all thank you for oreding at i.materialise.

In regards to your question, I have to say that the visibility of layers mostly depends on the geometry of the model and its orientation during the printing process. To help you to detect the best printing orientation for your model in order to hide the layers, please let me know the number of your order (it begins with IMC…).

Please feel free to contact us via email too (replying to any of confirmation emails you received from i.materialise).

Looking forward to hearing from you soon.

With best regards,
Olha

Hey Olha!
Thank you for your reply. My order # was IMC146389. Out of that order, Trixi Copy.stl and Aruna.stl are good as they are. I am mainly interested in the rest of the order. :slight_smile:

Br, Suvi

Dear Suvi,

thank you very much for the information.

After taking a look at your beautiful models, I have to say that due to the geometry of your models it is a pretty complex task to find an appropriate printing orientation which allows to avoid seeig the layers on their surface in Stereolithography technology. If you can define which sides of your models must be absolutely smooth, we could provide you with the possible orientation options.

Another option would be selecting Polyamide SLS as material and Polishing as Finishing option. But please keep in mind to adjust the letters and other details according to the design guide so that they are not lost after polishing. It can be worth ordering one of your models in Polyamide SLS + Polishing for testing purpose.

We are excited to see the pictures of the 3D printed models from IMC146389 :slight_smile:
Please do not hesitate to contact us if you have any further questions.

With kind regards,
Olha

Hello iam intersting about design iam new

Hello,
Could you please clarify and give more details so I can help you.Thank you.
Best regards,
Anna