Offering of casted metals suspended

Due to the current circumstances, COVID-19 lockdowns that are still in place in some countries and despite the effort of making it work,
we have been forced to suspend our offering of precious metals :

• Silver
  • Gold
  • Brass
  • Bronze
  • Copper

We will evaluate the situation again on May 31st.

We understand that it might cause inconveniences, for which we sincerely apologize. Once there is more clarity about the situation, we’ll be sure to inform you immediately, also by posting an update on this topic.
For those who have placed recent orders, we will be sending more detailed updates about the next steps.
We highly appreciate your patience.

2 Likes

Hi, Wim will the email regarding current orders be sent out soon I just need to know if you are going to be able to fulfill my orders I have with you. Thanks Melissa

Hi Melissa,

yes, we are evaluating still the situation on a daily basis.
We expect to have more news next week.
The production processes the orders on first-in - first-out method.
The challenge is getting an estimation of the shipment date with a reduced production team that has to produce under severe restrictions.

Regards,
Wim

Hello there,

Any news about returning to normallity for cast metals?

Thanks.

Hi Ramosnikolaos,

you can expect an update tomorrow, 28 May.

Regards,
Wim

Hello,

Hope for good news!

Best,
Nikos
GS Team

Update:
The good news is that there is a big chance that the materials bronze, brass and copper will be offered again on Monday June 1st.

Production restarted at reduced speed, processing the orders on the first-placed, first-out basis.
The new orders will have a longer than usual lead time because of the limited production capacity.

The uncertainty of the re-offering lies in the export of the finished products, where we are waiting for the guarantees of the shipper.

For silver and gold, the story is different.
Silver and gold parts require clearance by customs, which they currently are not allowed to do.
Therefor we will not add silver and gold to the offer until it is allowed and customs starts clearing gold and silver again. This is not likely to happen next week.

As soon as there is more news, I will add it to this thread.

Kind Regards,
Wim

That are quite good news.

I believe that with Brass you are refering also to gold plated (over brass) right?

And what about the lead times? how much will be extened from the usual?

Suppose that from Monday I place an order in 18K Gold Plated. Can I know roughly how many days will be needed to have it ready and shipped out from you?

Thank you.

Hi Ramosnikolaos,

Gold plated brass, yes, that is included.
In normal times, if placed on monday, it is shipped between June 15 and 18.
Now, I anticipate June 25.
Please check my next post.

Regards,
Wim

Hi,

I was too enthusiastic because of the promises given by the shipper last week.
Fact today is that the packages are not getting to us and the shipper fails to provide the needed guarantees.
It is also unclear when he will be able to.
Until this is cleared out, it is a risk to start accepting new orders.
Therefor, I am breaking of the relaunch for brass, bronze, copper for Monday.
We will be evaluating this again on a daily basis.

I’m sure the shipper is doing all in his power to cope but in the end what counts is that we can deliver your package.

I wish I had better news to start the new week and month.

Regards,
Wim

Hello,

I have put some orders already (before the suspending of cast metals). Will I receive them in the second half of june as I’ve been told by Anna? Or there will be an additional delay for them?

Thank you.

Best,
Nikos
GS Team

It is sad to hear this.
Although I prefer i.materialise as my source, I will have to look else where to fulfill orders until things change.
I wish that orders could still be taken so that multiple shipping charges wouldn’t apply.

My best regards to you guys
Thanks

Hi,

Are there any news perhaps regarding the cast metals?

Regards,
Nikos

Update 2:
The government has extended the lock down measures for another 2 weeks.
This is not what we anticipated.

For the earlier placed orders, it means that the production speed for brass/bronze/copper will remain low. This backlog of orders is still being dealt with as said earlier by the first in - first our principle.
Next step is getting the parts shipped out. I prefer to wait for the reality check of an arriving shipment before making a further statement about it. More news about it by/before the end of this week.

For new orders for bronze, brass, copper, there are still too many uncertainties to open the material up for ordering.
A new evaluation will be done in the beginning of next week.

For the older placed orders in silver and gold, there is still no clearance by customs.

It is probably not the news you were hoping to hear, neither the news we want to bring but it is the reality.
Please be aware that we are doing our best to get the parts to you under the current restrictions and without jeopardizing the health of the workers.

Kind Regards,
Wim

Where are the production of cast metals is made? I mean in which country? Just to keep an eye on the news regarding the end of the lockdown.

So if the lockdown is over in two weeks you will immediately reopen in cast metals at least for brass?

Hi Ramosnikolaos,

We have the strong desire to open up before the end of the lockdown, as soon as we hear it the measures will be eased.
Brass, bronze, copper will certainly be the first materials to offer again.
Silver and gold will be added if we can ship those parts.

Kind Regards,
Wim

Hope that this will be really really soon! Otherwise it will be a disaster for my bussiness.

Thank you

1 Like

Hello,

since the project for which I require gold print is a highly personal matter, I wrote a separate message for it, but in this thread, I would like to ask, can you tell us what the problem is, exactly - are there laws and regulations passed that restrict gold exports, and yes, where could I learn more about them? Or is it more of a logistical matter because the suppliers cannot get the physical work done due to the pandemic? Just so I can understand the problem better and prepare accordingly, I am afraid of running out of time. Google is supposed to be my friend, but so far, no luck.

Best regards

1 Like

Any news on brass and plating? Where are the pieces produced? Which country? I live in Germany and i.materialise is in Belgium. Is it affecting European borders too?

1 Like

Dear Hermann,
We are shipping with UPS.
UPS is not taking silver and gold, they only take brass/bronze/copper.
We are checking with the other big shipper, they say they do accept silver and gold.
Until we get the parts in our hands for inspection, I am not able to make promises.

Regards.
Wim.