Update on effect of Corona on our production

Hi Wim, I just placed an order for titanium and gold pieces then I read here that there is a delay for gold. I didn’t receive a confirmation email, I didn’t receive an estimate on the delivery. Would it be possible to know a bit more what I should expect? I do need to give updates to my clients. Thanks.

Hi bworkshop,
thanks for the request.
I asked the person who is handling your order to contact you .

kind regards,
Wim

I am building an order and It is for 6 small parts in bronze polished. Your website order form is saying June 4. I want to be sure this is correct before I order, and that you able to fill the order. Im in the US, I don’t have an order no. obviously.

Thank you,
Justin yarro

1 Like

@wim.verstraeten all I’m really asking is, are the production times on the site ordering accurate for cast metal production??? please. Thank you.

Hi Justin,

The production times are for the time as accurate as we can tell.
our production unit for cast metal is suffering from severe measures against Covid.
The outflow will be restarting later on this week if there is no further prolongation of the measures.
We will do our best to be at full speed as soon as possible.

Regards,
Wim

Are you able to produce High Detail Stainless Steel at present ? Order would be for UK delivery.

Hi,

I know the production on Brass has been affected, I would still like to place an order and simply wait, yet the option on the drop down doesn’t exist.
When will brass orders be taken?

I ask because I want to order various models in other materials.

Thanks!

Hi, nc.cliffe,
High Detail Stainless steel is available for ordering, no problem with that production unit.

Kind Regards,
Wim

hi BEN.GEE224,

Hopefully we can get Brass back in the list soon.
We are evaluating the situation on a daily basis.
If there are acceptable guarantees that the parts can be produced and be shipped out, then we will put it back online.
Keep an eye on this blog post by using the ‘Watch’ function so that you get notified.

tx,
Wim

Hello there,

I got recently this email from Anna (Support Team).

"Dear Nikos,

As you know one of our production facilities was closed and started it’s work recently due to the big amount of already existing orders we had to stop accept new orders.

And paused this possibility for the customers.

If you already placed the orders they will be produced.

Regarding some other issues I will keep you updated.

Kind regards,
Anna
i.materialise Support Team"

I’m a litlle bit confused cause I’m not sure if you stopped accepting orders in the cast metals due to large volume of orders or because your facilities are closed due to Covid-19.

Please if possible clarify this.

Thank you.

Nikos

Hi Nikos,

I understand your confusion.
While the facility was closed, we kept on accepting the orders, filling the production queue.
The facility recently made arrangements to restart at very limited capacity and under severe restrictions.
We noticed that the progress of processing the earlier placed orders is not picking up the anticipated speed.
So we decided to suspend the offer in order until we get a better indication of the throughput and export speed.

We should have a better view this week.

Kind Regards,
Wim

Hello,

Thank you for your reply.

Hope to release the cast metals soon.

Best,
Nikos
GS Team

Hi Ramosnikolaos,
you can expect an update tomorrow.

Regards,
Wim

Hello,

Hope for good news!

Best,
Nikos
GS Team

Hi,
for updates on
brass, bronze, copper, gold and silver,
follow this thread.

Regards,
Wim

Taking the new government Corona measurements into consideration for Belgium and abroad, are there any delays or other effects on the turnaround time of the (metall) production?
Last time action wasn’t taken immediately by iMaterialise resulting in an extended and unannounced delay for months. Could you provide us with an update about the current situation and whether the expected delivery dates shown when ordering are correct?

Hi Emma,
The metal production itself is not experiencing a delay.
The transport time from our production facility to the dispatch center for non-precious metals bronze, brass, copper increased since beginning of September.

For silver and gold, we have also a slightly increased internal transport time but the fluctuations on those extra days are less than for the non precious metals I mentioned above.

The average delays on the internal transports are incorporated in the lead times.

The production and internal transport of other metals are not affected by the recent revival of Covid.

Regards,
Wim

1 Like

Thank you Wim!

Due to an increased Covid infection rate at the country of our production facility,
we unfortunately have an increased production lead time for
Brass,
Bronze,
Copper,
Silver and Gold.
With the current info, this situation will last till the end of April.

The lead times in the cart will be adjusted as soon as there is a change in this situation

Kind Regards,
WiM

Hello, Are there delays on Steel prints? Thank you, Victor