Civil Architectural 3D work

Architectural type digin

Could you please specify your question?
Best regards,
Anna

I’m new to the site, but feel this topic was closest to my question. My intro is here: Welcome to the i.materialise forum! Please introduce yourself

I know that scale model industrial gas plants have been designed & created here via i.materialise in the recent past. Specifically I saw one example that took my breath away. It was of a Linde gas plant in Chile, printed in 4 subsections, measuring 100cm x 130cm x 75 cm tall shown here : https://www.ponoko.com/blog/2011/04/02/extreme-3d-printing/?fbclid=IwAR2evVpERZJAwT5VmNP6xSpvNjKl0PzrjD362q1BJh_7xQeZHFLs4Le0Afs

I would like to know who exactly did this model, how I can have a similar or duplicate printed in 1/87 scale, and how I can begin to work on my own industrial refining plants for architectural projects & model railroad hobbyists. Thank you in advance. ~Bill

I’d hazard a guess that this was done by the Linde engineering department (or contractor) based on the existing 3D CAD model used to build the actual plant.
At that size, it probably cost a small fortune to print (but still only a tiny fraction of the plant cost, and probably comparable to the cost of a “traditionally” built model for trade fairs etc). From your intro, you would already know how to use a 3D CAD software (commercial like SolidWorks, AutoCAD, CATIA,… or a freeware modeling tool like Blender or FreeCAD and “just” export the finished
model in a print-ready format like STL. At small scales you will probably need to leave out (or exaggerate in size/diameter) some details that would fall below the practical minimum part thickness that can be printed in a particular process
(usually around 0.8 millimeters - details given in the “Design Guide” section of the respective materials page under the “3D PRINTING” heading). Pricing is roughly based on model volume and print material used, so things can get really expensive quickly as their size increases.