Translucent & Solid Colors Single Model

Hi!

I have a question about 3D printing transparent items alongside solid colors. I have ordered several brain models of various materials and have been very happy with how they have been coming out. The next phase of my project is to print a brain with brain activity shown inside the model.

The model is of a brain, with 2 thresholds of tracer activity from a brain scan. Ideally, the outside shell of the brain would be fairly transparent so you can see the red colored model inside, and then that model would be fairly transparent to show the solid white model inside of that… I’m a novice when it comes to actual printing, so i’m not sure if this is possible or if maybe it’s possible to print separately and then join them? If anyone has any suggestions for how to go about this, it would be greatly appreciated!

Brainpic2

Hi there,

Thanks a lot for the interest in our printing capabilities.
In your case, we would definitely advise to check the technology offered by a different department - Polyjet

Employment of this technology allows delivering models with a transparent shell and colorful contents.

Feel free to reach the representatives that are available in different countries to handle your request online - Materialise Manufacturing.

Regards,
Ivan
Customer support team