TPU basf HP multijet fusion

I uploaded a file to print in tpu. Will solid areas be printed solid, or will there be an infill pattern to reduce material, weight, and print time?

Hello,

I can’t see the uploaded model in your personal account, but we always hollowing out a solid model as much as possible. When the wall thickness exceeds 20 mm this is really necessary, because of possible deformation. We recommend a wall thickness of 2 mm and the inclusion of at least two holes with a minimum diameter of 10 mm for powder removal.
You can read more about this item on our website on https://i.materialise.com/en/3d-printing-materials/rubber-like/design-guide

Best regards Lizy

Can we set up a call asap? 8026573886

The model is in my shopping cart still. It sis a boot which needs to be worn in a fashion show.The model can not be hollow, but a lattice structure between the interior wall and exterior wall would be great. Is this something you can add on your end, or would I need to submit the file with the lattice? It also needs escape holes which will be in the sole of the boot.

Hi Mattrenna,

Adding a lattice structure is something our online software does not typically do yet although with our Magics software it is possible to do this manually.
If you would be able to create a lattice structure yourself, that would be the quickest way.
Perhaps Meshmixer can do this : https://www.tanerxun.com/create-voronoi-on-stl-model/.html ?

Regards,
Wim

I created the file with a lattice now the file is too large to upload to your website.

Hi Wim. We have found another way to build our prototype so I would like to cancel this order please IMC170539.

Thank you. Please confirm we can cancel the order.

Hi Matthew, I asked the customer support officer who handled your order to cancel and refund the order. The order was already sent to production. She asked them to cancel the order and the moment she gets the confirmation, she will also send you an email with the confirmation. Best regards Lizy

Off this topic, I was wondering what happened to the original TPU 92A-1 SLS material - given that the MJF TPU is now the only option. This material seems weaker plus is visually much murkier, less dimensionally stable and if I’m correct, worse to the skin to wear on-body and also less elastic. What happened to the SLS TPU?

Appreciate any reactions.
Ralph Zoontjens, Product Designer

Hello Ralph, Materialise is a company who is always searching to do better and innovate. Our new TPU has crisper details, smoother surfaces and higher accuracy. You can read more in the blog with Giovanni Vleminckx, who is the Research Project Manager in our process engineering unit and who researches all new materials and technologies that we offer. This blog gives you an insider’s view on the ins and outs of the new TPU offering made using Multi Jet Fusion (MJF). You can find it on https://www.materialise.com/en/blog/our-new-tpu-has-crisper-details-smoother-surfaces-and-higher-accuracy Best regards Lizy