Syringe shaft channel dimension

Hello,
I currently design a syringe like part and I´m wondering about the feasable dimensions of the syringe shaft channel. Is a channel of 0.7 mm in diameter possible to print so that the channel is really completely hollowed (i want to print in aluminium)?
Thanks in advance for any help!

Best
L

Hello L.,

All depends a bit of the dimensions of your model, but normally models can be hollowed out. Try to use a minimum wall thickness of 1 mm and foresee a minimum opening of 3 mm in diameter. This opening will serve as an exit for the extra, internal powder. Larger and complex cavities need multiple holes and an increased size. We recommend a minimum diameter of 7 mm. Holes in the center of your model are usually the best as they allow most of the powder to be removed. You can find all the information in our design guide on https://i.materialise.com/en/3d-printing-materials/aluminum/design-guide Best regards Lizy

Thank you for the quick answer. The 1 mm wall thickness is no problem but the hollowed pipe-like part of the model should have an inner diameter of 0.7 mm, around 1 mm would also be possible. And it sounds like this could be a problem. Is it possible to send the model to the customer service so that it can be checked if its worth trying it? I couldnt find an option to send a file in the support section of the website.

Best
L

Hello L,

we can only check on orders. If you make the order and your design would not be printable, you will be refunded on the same day. I therefor propose you place the order and we check for you if this model can be printed by keeping the inner diameter of 0.7 mm. Kind regards Lizy