Shrinkage gold casting

Hello,
I would like to have a gold ring made by you and I would be interested to know how much the shrinkage of the ring is during casting, i.e. by how much I have to increase the scale of the casting model (step file) to then get the actual 1:1 size. Do you have any experience with this?
The one list to all precious metals and their shrinkage behavior would also interest me for further projects. For this project materials 18k yellow gold and 14k yellow gold are interesting for me.

Thank you for your help in advance.

With kind regards

Daniel

Dear Daniel,

You do not need to take shrinkage into account when designing gold parts. At the same time, the deviation of a printed part from the nominal size of the 3D model is possible.

For gold, silver, bronze, copper, and brass, minimum accuracy is ± 5% (including finish and geometry variables). Average accuracy is ± 2% (around ± 0.1 mm). Accuracy values are specified on each material page.

Please check our design guide for gold to make sure that you model meets minimum design requirements: https://i.materialise.com/en/3d-printing-materials/gold/design-guide