Scaling for container upload?

Hello everyone.
I was trying to Order a “Container” with 4 parts in it. 2 parts and 2 screws to combine them.
The Model needs to have a certain size and if uploading the model individually it has the correct size, but when bundling it into the model it gets very small to the point where the order complains about too small walls.
Is there a way to Order a Container but keep the scale at 100%?

Hello, containers are only allowed until the maximum size of 150 x 150 x 150 mm and need a wall thickness of at least 1,5 mm. Are you sure that once put in the grid box, it isn’t the wall of the grid box, which is too thin? I’ve no idea what size your files have, but I never heard about the fact that parts became smaller when you put them in the container.

I suppose you already tried to upload the parts by using our auto-generated container and if not, you can perhaps try that. You can find more information on https://i.materialise.com/en/container

If it’s still not working, please send us the files and we will check it for you. If you send your models to us, you can use our e-mail contact @ i. materialise. com (without the spaces). Kind regards Lizy

Thanks for your fast reply.
I wanted to reproduce my issue and went through the whole process again step by step. It turns out the issue was in the STL format which caused it to lose the cm information which caused the model to get scaled to the tenth of its size.
Now I have the scaling of the model fixed and everything works as expected.
I would appreciate if the container generator had a scaling slider though :smiley:

Hello, glad it worked out well and I will pass your proposition about the scaling slider to our software team. Kind regards Lizy