Questions about the Model Wall Thickness Analysis tool

Hello,

I always use your Wall Thickness Analysis tool after uploading a model. I’ve noticed that for silver, it says minimum wall thickness is 0.8mm, but in the design guide for silver it say it’s 0.6mm. Is it up-to-date? Which is accurate? If it’s 0.6, is the Analysis tool showing results with that in mind, or is it showing results as if it needs to be 0.8? This is important for small detailed item designers (rings) who need to keep costs as low as possible while still being producible.

And what exact ranges do the colours represent (light blue, dark blue, yellow)? For example if 0.8mm is the minimum wall thickness, what thickness ranges are the colours representing? The info currently given on the page is vague, something a little more specific would be nice. I always try and make sure my meshes are 100% light blue before ordering, but I have areas in a new ring design (non-support areas), which are dark blue and wondering if the chances are it would still produce fine.

Cheers

Hello,
Thank you for contacting us.
The minimum wall thickness for silver is 0,6mm, but it is always better to make you items a bit thicker. Especially when you want a gloss or high gloss finish or when you item is big.
The color yellow is not thick enough and needs to be adapted. Dark blue can pass, but some parts could break or could disappear during the process. Light blue, no problems here.
Production always checks the silver orders a second time, and if there are problem with the order, we always inform our clients about it.

Hello,
I see that a “wall thickness analysis tool” is mentioned, which looks very interesting to check my models before ordering a print, but I could not find it anywhere on the website. How can I access to this tools ?
Regards.

Hello,

To access the wallthickness tool, you just need to:

1. Login to your account
  2. Click on your name at the top blue bar
  3. Go to ‘Uploaded Models’
  4. Hover the mouse over a model of your concern and click the black ‘Analyze’ button

Regards,
Ivan
Customer support team

Hello,
Thank you for swift answer. I did help a lot ! Regards.