Order on hold because of low resolution?

order number :
IMC147266

Dear imaterialise,

Our order was placed on hold because of the low resolution.
We checked in sketchup and everything seems to look good in the file until we send it to you guys. We previously also send you guys some stl files and these turned out to be good so we don’t really understand how we can solve this problem. When we uploaded our models this time it said scale to fit, could this maybe have something to do with it ?

Please contact us asap.
Nice regard Tenarchitects

Dear Sirs,

thank you for contacting us.

The files were probably exported with the wrong tolerance, resulting in a low-resolution file. Low-resolution means that the triangles in your STL file are big and the surface of your print will not be smooth.

It’s important to be aware that a low-resolution export will never allow us to provide you with a good 3D print. If the STL file is rough and faceted the 3D printed model will also be rough and faceted.

In most 3D modeling software, when exporting a file (for instance to STL) you will be asked to define the tolerance for the export. This tolerance is defined as the maximum distance between the original shape and the STL mesh you are exporting. We advise choosing 0.01 mm for a good export.

After checking the original file they have also low resolution. Therefore it seems that the rescaling of your models during the ordering process have not affected the resolution of the files, which we received as ordered by you.

Now there are two ways to release the order:

• you have an option to accept the risks to print the files as they are, or
  • you provide us with the files which have higher resolution (try to export the .stl files with the tolerance of 0.01 mm).

You can attach them to your reply to the notification email about On Hold status, or share via WeTransfer service, indicating the order number in the comments.

In case you have further questions, please feel free to contact us.

Best regards,
Olha

Dear, There is only a problem with one file, I now have canceled that file and have made an other file where i exported the ketchup in an idea, is it possible to send you guys the tea file ? and not to have to order another one, because I already paid for the six files ?

Dear Sirs,

according to our system the file was not canceled, which is good. In order to update your order with a new file, please attach the new file to your reply to the email with the information about the On Hold status (Subj: Please take action: your i.materialise order IMC147266 is on hold).

Best regards,
Olha