Multicolor + costs for hollowed models

Hi,

I uploaded a 5 inch figurine that I wanted quoted and I then received a price for this. This model was not hollowed at all.

I then used meshmixer to hollow the print to 1mm sides, and the price came back similar.

Is there no price difference if we hollow out our models? it was 1/4 the volume of the unhollowed one.

Any help would be great.

I suspect you need to provide an opening somewhere on the model to actually make it hollow. (With a figurine this may require splitting it at the waist if there is not enough space in the leg/base area).

Hello,
Thank you for contacting us. The pricing for Multicolor+ is based on:
Model volume - the volume of your model is used to calculate the material cost (mm³), the model surface and the volume of the support.

Even when you hollow out your model, the support is printed as well. The only difference is that, during post processing, the support will be removed when the part is hollowed out with holes.

I did have an escape hole in the model.

So for Multicolor +, are you saying that it is no use hollowing the model as we also pay the same cost for supports as we would a solid model? If this is the case, you need to change your guidelines page which says that you should hollow out the model. I spent quite some time reducing the volume of the material and would hate anyone else to do the same.