Keeping Sharp Edges

Hi, I have a question about the finishing of a product:
Is it possible to keep edges (between 45 degree and 90 degree) sharp? So these edges should not have any roundings or chamfers.
And in which material can this be accomplished?
Kind regards,
Bas

Hello,
Thank you for contacting us.
We suggest to use sls polyamide, but without polishing. Polishing will round off sharp edges. We always suggest to read well the design guide of the materials where you can find more information and details.

Hi

I analyzed my model (which has e lot of edges of 45 to 60 degrees) with the wall-thickness-analysis. For any material it is signed as “unprintable”.
So I uploaded a simple tetraeder-model with the same result

I know that no exact sharp edge can be printed (no 45° but not even 120°), so I accept my model to have at the sharp edges the minimum possible end-thickness / rounding.
Astonishingly the wall-thickness-analysis dows not report edges with angles of 90° and more, but this is possibly because of the analysis-algorithm working with little cubes

Now, my question is, if it is necessary to change anything at my model? Or can I silently ignore this analysis and be happy with whatever edge-radius is coming back from production :wink: ?

Kind regards, Dominic Sydler

Hi dsydler,

The wallthickness analysis should be used as an indication.
If you are happy with rounded edges, just indicate it in the order comments at the end of the ordering steps before going to the payment.
It is possible we ask you to confirm this again after ordering.
So, please go ahead :slight_smile:
Wim