How do the pricing work?

HI!

Ive uploaded my model and im looking at the pricing. at 65x160x49mm it says 24 Euro. If i increase the scale to 115%, just slightly larger. it puts the price at 54 Euro. Why is this? How does the pricing work? It seems strange that just one centimeter larger would double the price. Im looking at the polyamide (SLS) but also intrested in the gray resin if that pricing works any other way?

Thanks in Advance!

1 Like

Hello,

The pricing for Polyamide is based on the volume your models take up in the 3D printing machine. This includes the volume of your models and the surrounding space they require in the printer’s build chamber to ensure a successful print.
For Polyamide, we charge a minimum price per ordered piece. Unlike the startup cost (which is applied to most materials), this cost vanishes when the price is higher than the minimum price. If you order two or more copies of a model, the price automatically decreases because the preparation of multiple copies can be carried out more efficiently.

The pricing for Gray Resin is based on model volume, which is the volume of your model used to calculate the material cost (mm³).
Additionally, a startup cost is applied to the price of your model. This is a fixed cost independent from the parameters of your model. If you order two or more copies of a model, the price automatically decreases because the preparation of multiple copies can be carried out more efficiently.

Best regards,
Tetiana
Customer Support Engineer

@per.haggmark

Please note that the volume of your model increases in 3 dimensions, so even if the price was calculated really per cubic cm (I mean linearly) for example, if you increase the size of your model by 1.15, the volume increases by 1.15 * 1.15 * 1.15 to 1.52. However, this would still get you only to 24*1.52 = 36 Euro - this looks really like they pricing is not strictly linear with volume and actually bigger prints are more expensive. My theory is that they prefer smaller prints (and make them cheaper) because they do fit easier into printer rather than big parts. Big parts may also bring heat problems etc. probably (at least with SLS as I read).