Hallmarking for Hong Kong market

Hi, I would like to sell the print in Hong Kong, where we also have the Trade Descriptions Marking Order that requires all gold product must bear a proper Hallmark to put on sell. On your remark on Hallmark, “hallmarking is not provided for customers outside the EU”, but since I do need them hallmarked, may I request to have my orders hallmarked anyway?

And will customers outside EU still recieve the “proof of authenticity” alongside the delivery? Is it a document with detailed material percentage to varify the K value?

Thank you very much~

Hello,
I know that on our website is mentioned that hallmarking is not provided for customers outside the EU, but if a customer of outside the EU asks to do so, hallmarking is performed to the highest extent possible. For the moment, we are still checking if we can make it easier for all our customers outside of the EU, but for the moment you can put in the request when ordering. You can find a link to the field “Add remarks” just below the payment method, when you are ordering.

Please keep in mind that using the maker and purity stamp is a decision of the production team and will only be done if there is no risk that the part could be damaged. In any case, you will always receive an invoice as proof of authenticity. Pursuant to the Belgian Law of 11 August 1987 on the warranty of works on precious metals and the Belgian Royal Decree of 18 January 1990 on the warranty of works on precious metals, i.materialise guarantees that the object of the Invoice fulfills the standards of purity for 14K gold at 58.5% purity, for 18K gold at 75% purity and for silver at 92.5% purity, whichever is applicable. Kind regards, Lizy

1 Like

Thank you Lizy! Just some follow-up questions: Is the hallmark laser engraved? or Stamped? or could be either decided by your production team? and if it is laser engraved, do you provide laser customisation service?

Thanks!

Hello Cyril, most of the time the hallmarking is stamped, but with fragile parts they use more and more also laser. It’s indeed a decision of our production team and no, we don’t offer a customization service. Kind regards Lizy

1 Like