Converting large assemblies into miniatures without thin walls

Hi, I’m looking at having a miniature printed based on a full scale model I have made. The problem is when it gets scaled down it will have extremely thin walls (as in, under half a mm easily). It is originally an Autodesk Inventor assembly so it also contains multiple moving parts that would be absolutely tiny.

Is there a way to order prints so that your model is converted to one solid part internally?
Alternatively is there a way to easily do this with an assembly in Inventor?

I could, strictly speaking, go back and remove all internals from my model but it would take quite a long time and I was thinking 3D printer software (Which I am not familiar with) may have an option to convert internals to solids anyway?

Also I haven’t been able to find the T&Cs page, is there a link for it anywhere?

Many thanks all

Hi Max,

Since we don’t change the geometry of the object uploaded, we need the design to be in its final version. Thus, we would need a solid piece provided in order to properly print it in this case. In general the required minimal wall thickness is 1mm for most of the materials. Some metals allow it to be lower though.

Regarding our T&Cs it is actually at the bottom of our website.

Feel free to reach out to us via the contact form so we could take a quick look at the model and possible advise more details.

Regards,
i.materialise Customer Support.