Combining parts?

I am modelling 11 parts for a saxophone. I plan to have them made in brass. It is a private project, so I’d like to keep the cost down. Could I combine the parts into one part so that I can seperate (cut) the parts apart myself?

Further, my Danish friend (Jesper Damvig) told me that you might be able to make a better price if the job can wait until you have free capacity. Could that be a possibility?

Best regards
Bo Radmer, Denmark

Hello Bo,

We understand that you like to keep the costs down, but to build your design in this material, a combination of Wax 3D printing and lost wax casting is being used. With this technology (used for all our precious metals) it’s not possible to combine or connect parts, because they will be unfilled in casting.

I suppose Jesper is talking about ordering online and they have indeed more possibilities, but as i.materialise is an online platform we can’t take this in consideration.

Kind regards,
Lizy
Customer Support Officer

I’m sorry for the writing mistake, but I suppose Jesper was talking about offline ordering. Our offline team has indeed other possibilities, but also other prices. Kind regards Lizy

What about having small two objects like this made out of brass? The price of them together vs. the price of having them made separately is pretty dramatic.

Hi Bo,

Each individual design needs to be uploaded in a separate file for proper printing, handling and finishing.
Indeed, the price is different, but then there is a guarantee that there will be no issues in the whole 3D production process.

Regards,
i.Matrerialise Customer Support

Thank you.

How can I contact the offline support ?

Hello,

You may reach out to i.materialise support team via this form

Regards,
i.materialise Customer Support