Can I upload a model that I didn't order yet to my shop?

Hello,

I have some items that I know that are ready to offer on a shop so I do not have to order them.
How do I add an item to the shop without ordering them before?

Cheers!

After posting this I saw that No, I can’t.
i.materialise will only allow to create shop item that have been ordered before.

To me this makes no sense.
Imagine that I have printed the part already but missed one small measurement, or that I have to change a bearing pocket from 6mm to 8mm…
I’ve made a bundle of parts, I know how they come out, but because they were connected together I cant make them available individually.
Why do I have to order the part again so I can make it available?!

I want to change my shop from other service to i.materialise but like this it’s impossible.

Hello, i.materialise indeed only allows to add models to the shop that were printed successfully by us.
The main reason is that when ordered by your potential customer his order always refers to the already printed original order and we can’t refer to a file still in your personal zone. This also guarantees the buyer and the designer that we send out the part in the desired quality and gives us the possibility to check the models.
For every model you order, a product page is automatically generated. Even small changes can make the difference between within or without the guide lines and sometimes models are even ordered with the remark “risk accepted by customer”. Those models can’t be allowed to the shop either and will be blocked by us for sale. Kind regards Lizy

Hello Lizy,

I understand the reason, I just do see it as necessary.
I have printed most of my parts as a bundle, a “fake” one part, with your services, previously using Craftcloud.
I know how the parts are printed, I understand the tolerances, I already have the parts but now I can’t post them for sale as individual parts…

I was hoping to shift my store here because I feel they would be better priced and I could pass that on to my buyers. But I’m not going to spend hundreds of euros in parts that I don’t need so I can make them available for sale…

I will continue ordering my future prototypes from you but I can’t use your shop service, unfortunately.

Regards,
João