Bronze shrink factor

Hello,

i’m trying to build a watch case in bronze, i want some support from you about your accuracy factor 5%(±0.15mm minimum). Do I have to apply a scale factor to my model or is something that you apply before printing the wax? If yes how much?

On my model I have holes of ø0.75 mm diameter, which is your minimum diameter with this process?

Thanks in advance

Hello,

We use the file as delivered to us and make no corrections whatsoever. It’s not that simple that we could advise you to increase or decrease the dimensions of a part to get exactly what you want.

The only thing I can say is that the average accuracy is ± 2% (around ± 0.1 mm), but a part is considered as a good print when the minimum accuracy ± 5% (including finish and geometry variables) with a lower limit of ±0.15 mm.

We measure these tolerances on the outer dimensions of the entire part. So it’s also impossible to make a statement on the minimum diameter of the holes.

Kind regards Lizy

Hello,

many thanks for your kind answer. I have another pratical question just to understand: if I have the nominal external diameter of ø30 mm, after casting and polishing it will be 30±0.6mm (2%) or 30±0.1mm?

Thanks

Luca

Hello Luca, with outer dimensions of 30 mm, a bronze part would be considered as a good part if the outer dimensions are between 29,85 and 30,15 mm. Kind regards Lizy

Ok perfect!

Thanks

Luca