Brass, Multiple Piece Project (lead time and file inquiry)

Hi,
I have a cosmetic packaging project with 5 pieces around 70 x 20 x 20mm or under, 5 pieces about 20 x 30 x 40mm or under, and 2 pieces that are about 50 x 50 x 16mm. All are shells with a 16-20mm hole for an opening.
I’d like this to be cast in bronze, natural PU coating.

1. I know that the lead time is 15 business days for bronze, does that change with more pieces?
  2. How thin can I make my shell considering my shapes?
  3. Will all of these pieces be cast together, or will my file be split in two?
  4. Is there any way to expedite my order?

This is my first time ordering, so I want to get it right!

Thank you,
Carson

Hello,

Complexity, selected finishing and number of ordered parts may add a few days to the standard lead time. However, in most cases, we ship out orders earlier than the estimated shipment date. There is not any priority service for bronze parts.

For most models in bronze, the minimum wall thickness you can use is 0.6 mm for the natural finishes and 0.8mm for the polished finish.

You can find more recommendations in our design guide for bronze: https://i.materialise.com/en/3d-printing-materials/bronze/design-guide

Each model has to be uploaded separately. To build your model in bronze, a combination of Wax 3D printing and lost wax casting are used, so with this technology it is also not possible to use connections.

1 Like