Any estimates on when non Businesses in the UK will be able to order from you?

Hi I was wondering if you realise non-businesses in the UK can’t buy your products now?
I’m not eligable for a VAT number as I’m not exempt as I’m just a human.
I’ve been waiting for ages to try and buy one simple item (BernieDawg DragonTamer for MSR DragonFly Stove) and now I need to register as a company in the UK for you to ship to me?
Do you have an address I can come to to collect? It’d be much simpler. Can I just pay the tax twice over?
I’m an EU citizen just living in the UK if that helps?

See https://i.materialise.com/en/learn/shipping-info#anchorCustomerPickup5 for pickup option (you’d need to come to Leuven in Belgium - which has a beautiful old town centre BTW). As far as shipping is concerned, I suspect everybody will need time to figure out how (or if) to deal with the post-Brexit B2C trade obstacles.

Hi mkroeker,

We are not offering the pickup currently due to Covid19.

For Brexit, we are indeed working on a solution for B2C and to reduce the border costs.

Kind Regards,
Wim

Hi thekevintipcorn,

We are very aware.
For non-businesses, the UK is not allowing import in the same way as Norway, e.g.
We foresee getting the green lights before the end of the month for allowing non-businesses again.
Goal in this setup is to minimize the extra costs for you and that you do not need to pay anything any more to the shipper before receiving your package.
Please bear with us…

Hi kthekevintipcorn

I think you may be able to purchase these in another way, from another source. :smiley:
I’d bet if you do a Google for the product you will find that other option. (comes up at the top for me)
Or… you could drop me a note at my business email (which they won’t allow me to print here) if you just get it from my website. Google “BernieDawg” for that. Cheers!
BernieDawg, the guy he is trying to buy the product from

Hi ,

Is there any update on UK residents being able to place orders ?

Cheers

Hey Reynoldssmg,

Our foreseen scenario has a delay that is outside our speed up influence reach.
Indications are that it will take an extra 2.5 months to roll that out, so we will not be waiting for this.

We are now turning to the backup scenario which is more complex for us, but similar to you like the foreseen scenario.
Early plannings show that it will be available optimistically in the second half of February, more likely the end of Feb.

We will keep on updating the FAQ Brexit article .

Our ordering site OnSite is accepting UK residents orders but has a different material offering and a higher minimum order.

I really regret this situation as we know we are letting people down with great designs they would like to have in their hands.