3D print filament for prosthetic

Hello, I am a high schooler doing a conceptual prosthetic project for lower transradial amputees (below elbow amputations) in developing countries for their Year 12 D&T major work. the prosthetic part will not be a hand but a range of different attachment of tools that will most likely be applied in agricultural setting.

Ideally, I am looking for materials that make the prosthetic both more affordable and robust that uses FDM printing, so I did some research on some materials and found some existing solutions that use materials such as PLA and ABS for their designs.

As part of the documentation requirements, I need to get feedback from someone that could justify this choice of material or recommend another choice of material.

Thanks in advance! :slightly_smiling_face:

Hello,

It will be easier for us if you send us your 3D file so we can check the design and advice suitable material for it.
Please use the following link to contact us and share your model:https://imaterialise.helpjuice.com/contact-us?contact_query=Please%20enter%20your%20question
We would be happy to help you.

Thank you in advance.
Looking forward for the updates from you.

Best regards,
Anna